Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Everday Makeup Essentials

Hi everyone! How is your summer going? I feel like it's been forever since I've written a new post...probably because it's been since March! I am so sorry that it's taken me this long to post something. These last couple of months have just been so busy and stressful. Anyways on to why we're all here! I was trying to think of something to share with y'all and then it hit me...my every day makeup essentials! Since it's starting to heat up I thought I could share the things I reach for every day.
 
Number one must have...primer!
I used to not believe in primers and some I'm still not convinced are worth it but The POREfessional by Benefit is fantastic! I don't really notice if it helps my makeup last longer but it for sure makes my pores disappear. I don't know what kind of magic they have going on but it's working! I LOVE this stuff! It will always be a staple in my makeup collection.
 
(the POREfessional by Benefit; $30.00)
 
It is a little pricey so if you want something a little more budget friendly I've heard that the Pore Filler is a dupe for it and it's only $12.99 at Ulta.
 
Next we move on to foundation, concealer and powders. I feel like I have searched high and low to find what foundation works for me. I've tried high end and I've tried drugstore brands. For the longest time I just thought there was no hope for me. I have severely dry skin and NOTHING seems to hold up on it. That is until I discovered Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Dry skin! I'm in shade 150 Buff. This stuff is an absolute miracle for me! It hides my dryness so well...I mean I still have a few dry patches but nothing like I did have. The only problem I have with it is that it's a little on the pink side but to fix that I add in a small amount of my Nars Sheer Glow foundation in the shade Deauville and it's a perfect match for me! To set that I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in light. It gives a perfect finish to my skin. This combo for me works all day long. For my concealer I use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Chantilly. It is exactly what they've named it...creamy. So easy to blend with my fingertips and gives my under eye area a beautiful highlight. To set it I use the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Power and I press it in with a brush...don't swipe.
 
(L-R MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural; $30.00, Revlon Colorstay; $11.99, Nars Sheer Glow Foundation; $44.00, Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder; $22.00, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, $28.00)
 


 Moving on into bronzer, blush and highlighters. The bronzer I use is a permanent love of mine it's the Hoola bronzer by Benefit. I just use it to warm up the edges for my face and for a little contouring on my nose. When it comes to blush I love to mix it up but lately I have been obsessed with corals. My two favs at the moment are Nars Orgasm and MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Flaming Chic. They are both just gorgeous. Can't go wrong with them! For my highlighting powder I did splurge a little bit but I've had this product for a while and I've barely dusted the surface. It's the Chanel Illuminating Powder from the Spring 2013 collection. It's like a beautiful rose gold color. Stunning!
 
(L-R Hoola Bronzer by Benefit; $28.00, Chanel Illuminating Powder; no longer available online but you may find it at the Chanel counter, MAC Extra Dimension Blush, $25.00, Nars Blush, $29.00)
 
On to the eyes. I like to keep the eyes fairly neutral. Sometimes I'll just use my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and brush on a few coats of mascara and voila! But if I feel like doing more work than that I'll use my Naked Basics palette from Urban Decay. They are just beautiful every day colors. I have a post all about it down below. Lately though my go to absolute favorite eye shadows are from Wet N Wild and they are in the Walking On Eggshells trio. These little suckers are SO pigmented and creamy and the best part is they sell them at the dollar store for like 3 bucks! I recommend you go out and get every trio you see! Haha!
 
(Wet N Wild trio; no price available online, Naked Basics Palette, $27.00, MAC Paint Pot, $18.50, Anastasia Brow Wiz, $21.00, Benefit They're Real Mascara, $23.00)
 
For mascara I've rediscovered They're Real by Benefit. I've owned this mascara for a while but when I first purchased it I just didn't see what all the hype was about but since I paid so much for it I didn't want it to just go to waste so I decided to try it again and boy am I glad I did! It makes the base of my lashes look so dark and thick and it give me just the right amount of length. If you're looking for a super dark mascara that gives you fuller looking lashes than give it a try. They also come in a smaller sample size for like 10 bucks. Last thing having to do with eyes are my brows. Thankfully I have pretty thick eyebrows as it is so there's really not much to do to them. I just run the Anastasia Brown Wiz underneath them and then with the brush end just comb it through a little bit. This product is really great for people that are in a hurry but still want perfect brows. They come in a variety of colors and last for quite a while.
 
Now on to the fun stuff. LIPPIES!!!!
I'm a bit of a "collector" when it comes to lip products. I recently cleaned out my purse and had probably 20 different lippies in my purse. I admit I have a problem. LOL. Maybe I'll do a lipstick and lip gloss collection soon? Anywho...the main products I've been using really affordable options. I have a couple of splurges but they are totally worth it! Every night before I go to bed I use my Murad Lip Protectant and Exfoliater. This helps my lips stay smooth and clean. In the mornings after I put on my foundation and concealer I use my EOS Lip Balm. It smells amazing and gives my lips just enough moisture. Love it! For Spring and Summer months I love to use lip glosses because they are not nearly as high maintenance as lipsticks. You can just swipe them on and go and they're so easy to reapply. The NYX Butter Gloss collection is amazing! Every color is beautiful and there's a wide range of colors. Plus they smell like baked goods and who doesn't like sweets?!?

 
 
(L-R Murad Lip Protectant; $17.00, Revlon Lip Butter; $7.49, EOS Lip Balm; $3.49, NYX Butter gloss; $4.99; Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss; $26.00)
 
Now for the last and most important step of all...setting all of these wonderful products to make sure they don't budge!
 
I have recently been using the All Nighter setting spray from Urban Decay and so far it's working really well. I bought the smaller size to try it out and so far so good. I think next time I'll try the chilling one just to see what it's all about.
 
(Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray travel size; $14.00, full size; $29.00)
 
Put it all together and TADA! It's not much but I think it's a perfect look for the summer months when you want your skin to look healthy and glowy.
 

 
I really hope that y'all have enjoyed this glimpse into my everyday makeup choices. These truly are the things I wear every single day and they work for me. Do you have a favorite or a holy grail product you use? Let me know!
 
See ya next time!
 
XOXO,
                  Sunnie
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. So many of these essentials are the same as mine!!xx
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete