Friday, January 25, 2013

My Thoughts On: Urban Decay Naked Basics

Good morning y'all! I'm so excited to be doing this post. When I first heard about this palette I thought to myself...YAY! An Urban Decay set with everyday matte colors? Sign me up! Of course I had to wait a little longer than I would have liked to because they were selling like hot cakes around here. But I finally snagged one yesterday and I cannot wait to show you.
 
Here it is!
 
As you can see the box is very "basic". :)
 
I was surprised by how small it was. It can easy be thrown in your purse or even in your pocket! I have really small hands and I have no problem holding onto it while I apply my eyeshadow like I do with my Urban Decay Naked palette.
 
Here you can see how small it really is. I've placed it beside an iPhone 5.


I do have one small gripe about the packaging. It's not really that big of a deal but if you've just gone out and had a fresh mani done you should be careful when you open it. I do find that I have to use my fingernails but maybe with more use it will loosen up a little.
 
Ok...here comes the fun part. Colors!
 
 
Urban Decay describes the palette as...
 
"Our first MATTE palette, featuring six gorgeously Naked neutrals to build on or wear alone—including four never-before-seen shades."
 
I agree with them except there is one shade that is slightly shimmery. It's called Venus. It's a gorgeous color though and can be used as a highlighter shade. I think they made a great choice including it in palette. Because you can literally create any look with these shadows for day or night.
 
Here's a better view of the shadows
 
I've swatched them on my arm to show you the color pay off. Keep in mind I have extremely fair skin so they may not look the same on you.
(Left to Right: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave)
 
Foxy and W.O.S (walk of shame) seem to almost disappear on my skin but these are totally buildable and not to mention my eyelids are not nearly as pale especially with primer. :)
 
In my personal opinion I think this is a great addition to any girls make-up collection. You can do so many day and night looks with this and it's the perfect size to take with you anywhere. Price wise I think it's fair except it doesn't come with a brush like the other Naked palettes ($27 at Ulta, Sephora, Urban Decay website) but when you get down to it, it's a wonderful product and well worth the money.
 
I hope that this review has helped you out. If you've purchased it let me know what your opinion is on it. What your favorite shades are. If you're on the fence about it feel free to ask me any questions. Also let me know which shades you'd like to see together in a tutorial.  
If you want to purchase the palette i've included a link for you.
 
See you next time!
 

xoxo,

       Sunnie

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment